5 Common Car Problems and their Easy Solution
Any car problem can turn your day topsy-turvy or, even worse, get you into an accident. Even a minute component issue can damage the whole car. One thing that car owners must understand is that a vehicle does not stay in good condition for eternity and needs time-to-time service. When car trouble turns into a big one, it can cost more money and time.
In the end, no one likes to get stuck with a vehicle problem and waiting for a mechanic to come and fix the complication can take a long time. Here are a few common car problems and their most manageable solutions that you can learn if any car troubles occur in the future.
Common Car Problems That You Can Fix:
- A Discharged or Dead car battery: Many reasons can leave your car battery discharged or dead, including parasitic drain, faulty charging, bloated or misshaped battery, defective alternator, and keeping the car unused for a long time, and so on. These factors can end up making your car battery discharge rapidly. Here are two methods that can help to revive the power of the battery.
- Charging the battery: If you have a mechanic to help you out in your dead or discharging car battery situation then it is beneficial. In that scenario, get the battery removed and let the mechanic put it on charge so that it can regain the power it has lost. You can practice this method a couple of times. If your battery has stopped responding, it is time for car battery replacement services.
- Jump-start the Battery: To perform a car battery jump-start, you will need jumper cables and another car owner’s battery. Place the positive and negative terminals of the jumper cable on the positive and negative sides of the donor’s battery case. After that, start another owner’s car and let it run for a few minutes. You can try igniting if your car battery is completely charged.
- Empty Screen Wash: Every car owner knows the purpose of the screen washer in the vehicle. Having enough washer fluid in the tank is significant for safe driving, mainly over long distances. Almost every screen wash cap is marked with a visible windshield wiper symbol. You need to remove the cap and fill it with the concoction of water and screen wash fluid (check your owner’s manual for guidelines on mixing the right proportions).
- Engine air filters: You can unscrew the air filter box retainers and remove the old filter. Hold a store light behind the filter to see if it allows light to pass through. If the filter blocks 50% more light, you need to replace it. If not, then put it in the back.
- PCV Valve: A positive crankcase ventilation valve (PCV) returns the gases created by the crankcase to your engine combustion chambers and does not cause any damage to your car or the environment. It is critical to refer to the car’s maintenance guide for recommended replacement intervals. You can twirl the valve out of the rubber grommet and disconnect it from the vacuum hose. That’s all required to replace PCV valves. After that, change the valve and reinstall it.
- Cabin Air Filter: A clogged cabin air filter can harm your car’s blower motor and cause your air conditioner to operate longer and harder. In late-model vehicles, cabin air filters are located in the air ducts behind the glove box. Some car manufacturers place them in the cowling or console region. Slide-out the old filter after removing the access covers.
Fixing a car issue by yourself rather than relying on the mechanic can save you money. However, not having in-depth knowledge about solving the car problem can put you and your loved ones in danger. Take advice from a specialist before performing any such task or take it to a reputed garage for fixations.
Are you searching for a car workshop to fix your car troubles quickly and efficiently? Then you are on the right page. Swift Battery Specialist located in Singapore offers the best car-related services to clients. Contact Us Right Away!